Saturday, August 22, 2009

Children books into movies



I am very excited about some children books being made into movies. It seems to be the theme right now. Children books make good movies. Have you heard of these?

Let's see, we have.....




This looks pretty cute!



"Where the Wild Things Are" coming out 10/16/09


Great picture book. Looks like a very interesting interpretation of the book. I look forward to seeing how they turn a 10 page picture book into a 1 and 1/2 hour movie.



"Fantastic Mr. Fox" coming out 11/13/09


I am simply thrilled about this one! The main reason I can't wait to see this one is because one of my favorite directors is directing it! Wes Anderson is directing this movie based on Roald Dahl's novel. I love Wes Anderson's movies (Life Aquatic, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Darjeeling Limited); they always have a certain look and theme to them. He likes to use the same actors, similar music, lighting, etc. This movie just looks fun! So excited about this gem!


"Alice in Wonderland" coming out 3/5/10

(Doesn't he look a bit like Elijah Wood?)
I am most excited for this movie. One, Tim Burton is the director. I love Burton's direction in movies. I like the dark, goth-like look of his movies. Burton is also good at staying true to the book. For example, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" was very much like the book; unlike the 70's version, which I do still love, "Willy Wonka and the Chocoalte Factory". Two, Johnny Depp is the mad hatter!!! I mean, who doesn't love Johnny Depp? I think he is one of the best actors of our time. Three, the book, Alice and Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll is a fabulous book, and I know Tim Burton's movie will stay true to it. It will be no Disney movie (even though it is), that's for sure. Read the book- it's really not a children's book, in my opinion

5 comments:

annalee said...

I'm way excited about your whole list!

Jen-Jen said...

love your blog!! hope the beginning of school is going grea :)

annalee said...

hope the rest of this week went well! thanks for entering the contest, i'd love to still cut some letters for you. check out the blog for details!

Tanya said...

Wow-didn't realize some of the greatest are being made into movies. Hope I can take AG to some of them!! Or Aunt Meggy can!!
Miss you and Love you!!
Guess what- my computer is fixed! I can't believe it. I had a friend, who is a genious, come and factory restore it for me- yay!! It had the biggest virus on it ever!! I'm glad I was patient on buying a new one...good things do come!!
Love you, T-

Tanya said...

Don't you love how I can't spell genius!! If I can't spell it, then I must be far from it- hehe!!
The girls took my brains!!