Saturday, August 1, 2009

15 cheerleaders, one amazing mother-in-law, one new haircut, a wedding, and South Carolina


What do 15 cheerleaders, one amazing mother-in-law, one new haircut, a wedding, and South Carolina have in common?

Me!!!!

Tuesday-Thursday I was at cheer camp for the junior high cheerleaders. My friend Ashli and I are the new cheer sponsors (coaches) for the 7th and 8th grade squads. Camp was long, tiring, and full of drama. I like to call those moments full of drama, DQ (drama queen) moments- which we had lots of! Overall, our girls really improved a lot! There are definitely other schools that would simply blow your mind!!! All in all, we had a great time, and I think coaching these girls is going to be a blast (and hard work)!

The cheer sponsors: Ashli and me!


Our girls doing what they do!


On Friday, after a long week of camp, my mother-in-law, Lynne and I went to Urban Retreat for a spa day! Lynne got a facial and a pedi, and I got a hi-lite and cut! Let me tell you, Urban Retreat is NOT cheap. I will not be able to afford going back for another cut or color. Haircuts run from about $80-120 and color from about $100-200 (and these are separate costs!). However, right now they have a promotion!!! If you've never been there for color, then you can set up an appointment for a cut and color and just have to pay for the cut. So, I really got off good. Normally I pay about $100 or so for color and cut. Check them out! UR is in the River Oaks area. VERY NICE AND SWANKY!
After our time at the spa, Lynne and I ate lunch at Potbelly's- yummy and had ourselves some cupcakes at you guessed it, Crave!!! I love me some Crave cupcakes!!! :) I had a great time with my great mother-in-law. The Lord has truly blessed me with one amazing mother-in-law. I could not ask for a better relationship with her. Thank you, Lord!!

Enjoying our cupcakes


Tonight I was at my college friend, Laura and Adam's wedding. Miss Lindsee Lou went with Daniel and me. I enjoyed catching up you, Linds! Can't wait to take you to Crave! The wedding was very nice and lots of fun. Wedding cake was a-mazing, which is saying a lot considering I am a wedding cake connoisseur! I enjoy going to weddings with my hubby. It's a nice reminder of what marriage is about. I fall in love all over again. Congratulations Laura and Adam!!!


Me and my sweet Linds


I heart my hubby!


The happy couple!



"I am leaving on a jet plane"......tomorrow morning and heading out to Charleston, South Carolina, to see these beautiful girls....


My nieces, Allie Grace and Saylor!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

Lindsee said...

Yea for having a fun ending to your summer! I hope you had a blast in South Carolina. I am sure you did! Can't wait to hear all about it. And yes, let's PLEASE plan a date to Crave soon. I am so craving it! Love you!