4. All the parties and celebrations. Last night, Daniel and I went to his company's Christmas party. It was nice. Today, I went to a cookie decorating party that my cheerleaders hosted. Very fun! And tonight, Daniel and I, his parents, and our friends, Dennis and Alecia went to Houston's First Christmas celebration. It was complete with a flying Santa, an elephant, a camel that fell on people, and a wonderful representation of Jesus' life. It was pretty impressive and beautifully done. (I had a busy, but fun-filled weekend!)
Thursday, December 10, 2009
A few of my favorite (Christmas) things:
These are just a few of my favorite things at Christmastime (besides the obvious- Jesus)...
1. Sufjan Stevens' Christmas album. It's full of tradition Christmas hymns Sufjan-style and a few of his own Christmas songs. It includes 5 disks of fun, and it's sure to put you in the holiday spirit!
2. "Elf". Who doesn't love this movie?!?! I mean "Elf" is becoming a classic Christmas movie. It's super funny, sweet, and heart-warming. I love breaking this movie out after Thanksgiving- it just gets me in the Christmas spirit!
3. The college bowl games! I know this happens after Christmas or on, but still, it's exciting!! One bowl I am especially excited about is the Independence Bowl! The reason why is because my favorite college team, the Georgia Bulldogs, are playing A & M Aggies, and I am going!!! I am thrilled to not only go to my first bowl game, but to my first Georgia game (maybe only). No offense to the Ags, but UGA has a pretty good chance of winning! Go Dawgs!!
5. A break from school!!! Need I say more?!?!
What are your favorite things at Christmas?