Friday, September 25, 2009

Dreaming of ACL....



A year ago I was headin' to Austin City Limits music festival, well on the 27th. It was my 2nd year to go, and next weekend would have been my 3rd year. I am so sad I have to miss out this year. :( Daniel and I just thought it was wiser to save money for our Breckenridge trip. I will miss it for many reasons...
1- Of course the music! Especially since I know more bands this year because of my indie music station I enjoyed for 4 months with XM radio. 2- It was going to be a tradition to go every year. 3- My bestie lives in Austin and I would have loved to stayed with her and gone. :(

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to write a letter expressing my sadness. Next weekend, in honor of ACL, I will listen to only music from the bands performing.

Dear ACL,

I will miss getting all hot and sweaty. I will miss smelling a mixture of B.O., marijuana, and fried food. I will indeed miss the yummy food from all the Austin hot spots. Karen O, I am SO sad I don't get to hear you sing "Zero" and act all crazy. Ghostland, what can I say? I mean, I am so sad to miss out on that performance. Phoenix, I really, really, really like you guys now. I probably couldn't have seen you anyway since you're performing Friday afternoon. :( Oh, KOL, my grand canyon music, I would have enjoyed it. The Dead Weather, the new Jack White band, how cool would've it been to see you, Jack? Daniel and I are both way bummed about missing that one. To all my other bands (there are so many), I am so sorry I will not be there to enjoy your art. I will miss all the Austin "freaks", that I so dearly love! So, if you're going to ACL this year, enjoy the wonderful array of music that I so much love. Enjoy a nice, cold cup of Amy's ice cream for me, too! "And dance, dance, dance till you're dead."

Peace and Love,

Your faithful and sad fan

First year

Second year (look how dusty it was)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

muy bueno el blog, saludos desde argentina

Lindsee said...

I was wondering if you were going this year or not. Sad day! Hope your weekend is extra good since you can't go.

annalee said...

i get acl nostalgic this time of year too! such fun.
LOVED seeing your face this past weekend!