Sunday, October 18, 2009

A "Wild" Weekend

Here's a recap of my "wild" weekend:

Friday: After school, I met some of my co-workers for drinks at a local hangout. We talked, complained, laughed, and enjoyed the nice weather outside. After that, Daniel and I headed in town for dinner and a movie. We saw, you guessed it, "Where the Wild Things Are". I have several things to say about the movie. 1, it is NOT a kids movie, I repeat not a kids movie. I would not take a child under the age of 9. The movie isn't bad, it just deals with some heavy stuff. Very deep movie. 2, this not a cutesy, kiddy movie. Most of you will probably not like the movie and say "it was really weird" or "how did they get that from the picture book". I, personally, loved it! It is, once again, a very deep and emotional movie. I connected with Max in many ways. Not because I was a boy and "wild", but because of the isolation he deals with and the hurt from his family situation. By the way, the boy that played Max, Max Records (cool name, huh?), is absolutely adorable! See it, but without any expectations! Awooooo!!!

Saturday: Slept late. Went to mall for a birthday gift. Went grocery shopping at the HEB. Came home and bathed dogs, followed by taco soup and pumpkin gingerbread making. Click here for recipe. This day not so wild.

Yummy!!


Sunday: Church. New Sunday school class that I don't think we'll be visiting again. After church, we headed to a Houston Dynamo's game! Guess what?? I got to see David Beckham up close and personal (we had really good seats)!!! He has a beard now, which was a little weird to me. Many people did not like him there. Best line I heard was, " Hey Beckham, tell me what you want, what you really, really want". The game was awesome, even though they tied 0 to 0. I think I'll go to more football (soccer) games in the future. While leaving the game, we got in a little wreck. Daniel and I were riding with our friends in their car. Everyone was okay, but needless to say, it was mine and Daniel's first wreck. Pretty scary.

Ash and me
Becks!


I guess my weekend wasn't really wild until Sunday. Well, I am off to grade lots of work!

2 comments:

Lindsee Lou said...

Oh, David Beckham. You cause me to sin.

And, did you know that me and Claire made TWO pumpkin loafs on Saturday evening as well?? How crazy. They are almost gone. :)

Tanya said...

Wish I could have gone to see Where Wild Things... with you! You know Chad won't be going to that! These are the times when I wished you lived closer--boo whoo!!
Love you, T-